Los Angeles Travel Advisory Guide Top 10 Tourist Spots
Oct 16, 2021 / Category : destination
Planning a trip to Los Angeles is a dream for thousands of travellers around the world. Los Angeles is one of the destinations where one cannot go wrong. Los Angeles, famously known as the City of Angels, has amazing weather, some of the best beaches, unlimited fun places to visit and lip-smacking food.
If you are thinking of travelling to Los Angeles, then make sure to check out the below guide for making the most out of this trip. It covers the most important places to visit, some exclusive experiences and great tips to find the best Los Angeles tourist spots.
- Hollywood Boulevard: The biggest attraction in the city has to be the world-famous U.S. film industry. Hollywood is a neighbourhood in LA which attracted the biggest studios in the country and became the epicentre of motion picture development in the US. Hollywood Boulevard is a street dedicated to the cultural heritage and legacy of Hollywood. It is a must-visit place if you are in LA. Visit in the morning hours to avoid the crowd and witness the Hollywood Hall of fame in its full glory. You will be able to find thousands of stars embedded in the sidewalks to recognize the most accomplished entertainment personalities.
- TCL Chinese Theatre: It is hands down one of the best theatres on the planet. Having one of the largest IMAX auditoriums in the world, it is a state-of-the-art theatre that has hosted numerous movie premiers over the years. The grand design, amazing décor and many exclusive artefacts related to cinema make it a treat for film lovers adding a special touch to their Los Angeles travel.
- OUE Skyspace: Out of the many Los Angeles tourist attractions, OUE skyspace offers the most stunning view of LA. Witness the city in its full glory from the observation deck on the tower. Another unique adventure here is a 45-foot-long glass slide designed by NASA which sits 1000 feet above the ground. Overall, it can be a fun way to spend the day in LA.
- Griffith Observatory: This place packs a unique experience for visitors. The facility is completely free and houses the Zeiss telescope through which you can get a majestic view of the moon and other planets. Also, there are several other telescopes used for looking at the Sun and other celestial objects. Also, don’t forget to catch the stunning sunset view from the observatory. It will definitely be the highlight of your trip.
- Disneyland Resort: When it comes to looking for the most fun Los Angeles tourist places for a family vacation, the Disneyland Resort is definitely a great choice. It has an unimaginable amount of fun packed in every corner of the place. It has an adventure park with Hollywood themed rides, great restaurants, shopping centres etc. If you are travelling with kids, then it is a guarantee that you will enjoy every second spent at this resort.
- Venice Beach: This place is meant for beach lovers and tourists. Although it has a stunning beach, it is not all that the place has to offer to holidaymakers. The boardwalk along the beach is full of T-shirt stands, fast food joints, restaurants, street performers and there is also a skate park. It is undoubtedly one of the most happening places in LA where locals come to chill and enjoy. You can also rent an electric scooter and ride along Venice beach. Another fascinating thing to see here is the muscle beach where you’ll find fitness enthusiasts working out in public. And lastly, you can always sit at the beach and enjoy the sound of waves hitting the shore.
- Venice Canals: Situated very close to Venice beach are the Venice Canals. The Canals were created in the early 1900s to mimic the canals in Venice, Italy. It is an upbeat neighbourhood that attracts many tourists visiting LA and serves as a change of scenery for them. Today, it is a network of six waterways, approximately half a mile in length. The architecture here is also unique and stands out from the rest of Los Angeles.
- Santa Monica Pier: It is a large double-jointed pier that also has a small amusement park for visitors. It is a highlight among all Los Angeles tourism sites and has become an LA landmark in pop culture. It is over 100 years old and located at the foot of Colorado Avenue in Santa Monica. This is an extremely popular tourist site so expect a crowd at any time of the day. The area is filled with a variety of restaurants and you can easily find great food around the pier.
- Grand Central Market: Now this is a place for food lovers to stimulate their taste buds like nothing else. From falafel to sandwiches, from fried chicken to chocolate pies you will be tired of reading out the menus at eateries here. The market originally opened in 1917 and has evolved with time. Catering to the residents of Bunker hill initially, the market used to be a one-stop-shop for grocery shopping. These days, the market is largely occupied by fast-food joints and eateries.
- Rodeo Drive: It is a two-mile-long street that packs a box full of fun for shopaholics. The street is located in Beverly Hills and has stores of almost every big brand in the country. The European style street is very pleasant to walk around and is gorgeously built. At the end of the street, you will find the Beverly Wilshire Hotel that appeared as a backdrop in the classic movie "Pretty Woman". It is now one of the most luxurious hotels in the city with worldwide recognition. Rodeo Derive is a place you would never want to miss if you are in LA.
The above list of the cherry-picked Los Angeles travel spots is guaranteed to make a memorable vacation for you. Do not wait, pack your bags and live a week of your life in Los Angeles style.